How to migrate from Figma to Lunacy
Lunacy is almost like Figma, but faster. It is a native app, not a sluggish Electron-wrapped browser pretending to be an app. And it can work offline. Here’re some tips on how to migrate from Figma to Lunacy.
- Works online and offline on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Has all the basic features, except for auto layout (coming soon!): collaboration, components, styles, etc. Check out the full comparison.
- Readily handles huge files of several gigabytes in size. No more annoying loading indicator!
Where to download
- Latest versions for Mac, Windows, Linux
- Latest versions on App Store, Microsoft Store, Snapcraft
- Earlier versions
How to migrate
All you need is to convert Figma files to .sketch. You can consider the following three options:
- Convertify. Figma plugin. Сonverts first 10 files for free.
- Avocode. Free online converter. Requires a Figma access token.
- XD2Sketch. Pricing starts from $84/file with a limit of 50 artboards. There are also bundles with unlimited artboards and prices ranging from $165 to $445.
Both free converters work fine, but there can be issues with components.
Components remain components, but they don’t show up and appear as placeholders.
Components after conversion
Other possible issues:
- Broken links with other files, design systems and their components.
- Fills can appear on masked layers. In such a case, you’ll need to remove the fills manually.
Convertify thinks for a while and then outputs a sketch file.
The converter is available for free. It requires your Figma access token. Here’s how you can get it:
Getting Figma access token. Step 1
Getting Figma access token. Step 2
Avocode is really a great tool for converting Figma files to .sketch. But it turns components into groups.
XD2Sketch is an option for the guys with fat wallets. We didn’t try it. But they say that it works fine.
A screenshot of XD2sketch pricing
How to work in Lunacy
You’ll have no problems switching from Figma to Lunacy: all the features and hotkeys are similar. If you want to learn more about Lunacy or need help, check out our: